Students using their own wireless devices (laptop, tablet, etc.) to access the Internet using the college's Wi-Fi will not be able to pass through our proxy server as they would if they were using a hard-wired device. Therefore, the browser will appear to "hang" and will not load the page.
There is a solution:
If you are using your own device to search databases while on campus,
you will need to edit the URL to access the databases. This is due to
campus firewall settings.
Here is the step by step process to do so, using Academic Search Complete as an example:
1. Hover over the link to the database and right-click to open menu
2. Select Copy Link Location
3. Open new browser tab/window
4. Paste link into browser address bar:
5. DO NOT HIT ENTER
6. Highlight the entire proxy URL and equal sign (=) : http://ezproxy.clinton.edu:2048/login?url=
7. Hit DELETE key.
8. Press ENTER key - URL that remains should take you to the database
See Help section of Databases LibGuide: